Once Upon a time a magical company called MagicDollars (for the sake of brevity for the rest of the answer we will refer to this company by its stock ticker M$) and this company made the most widely used, operating system, internet browser, office productivity suite, and various other products. M$ had this great idea to just integrate all of its software so that they would all work together seamlessly. This would be great for users of this software since this would make doing things like importing a webpage in a Ward processing (because in magicland we have wards instead of words) document, seemlessly and natively.
But this would evidently make the software too good. And we cant have people getting software that is too good. Because then if another company came along with their own version of good software people will be too dumb to install and use that if they have the already integrated versions that were included. So the Neanderthal Union decreed that M$ was using its magical abilities to make things too difficult for smaller developers to create super complex applications that they must give away for free. And said you will no longer make things work together seemlessly.
And instead of extending their middle wand to the NeU and saying fine we shall no longer make software that can be used in the NeU... M$ bowed before the luddites and said ok. So now you can not rename a file from inside of your office productivity suite in Magicland.
Top Network Posts
- 187My boss is leaving the company. Should I tell senior management?
- 136How do I go about resigning in a company that doesn't allow two weeks' notice?
- 81Is it appropriate to ask about a company's dress code during an interview?
- 66What is a relieving letter? What are the consequences of not having one?
- 61What is the purpose of a Code Review
- 61What to do if you're asked to break industry regulations?
- 59How to respond to a low salary offer?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.