I'm an independent (Scots by birth, independence is in the blood) creative director and designer living in Los Angeles, on the left coast of the U.S. Specialties are visual branding, identity programs and large format (indoor, outdoor and illuminated), across all media. My first love is book design, which I never get tired of, closely followed by Creative Suite workflow efficiency, with which I am mildly obsessed.
Besides gd.se, you can find me on InDesign Secrets, Behance, CreativePro.com, various Adobe forums and a sprinkling of social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter (@gngcreative) and Google+ (+AlanGilbertson), sharing hard-won experience with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and other apps in the Adobe Creative Suite, most of which I use (although InDesign is still my favorite).
Top Network Posts
- 140How do I learn to be creative?
- 41Difference between kerning vs letter spacing?
- 40What kind of black should I use when designing for CMYK print?
- 22How to make an adjustment layer to affect only one layer or one group of layers in Photoshop?
- 21Photoshop CS5: Setting a black background to transparent
- 20How to open or save as ico in Photoshop CS6
- 20How can I have prints with white ink?
- View more network posts →